Wednesday, October 16, 2013

there's a bluebird in my heart


"there's a bluebird in my heart that
wants to get out
but i'm too tough for him,
i say, stay in there, i'm not going
to let anybody see
you...
there's a bluebird in my heart that
wants to get out
but i'm too clever, i only let him out
at night sometimes
when everybody's asleep.
i say, i know that you're there,
so don't be
sad.
then i put him back,
but he's singing a little
in there, i haven't quite let him
die...

-charles bukowski


bluebird from the graphics fairy:
http://thegraphicsfairy.com/

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely combination of poem and piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this from corner to corner top to bottom...from the final period in the ellipsis to the wrinkles in her gown it is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful my friend!
    What a huge poetry in both image and evocation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem... I love how you find these amazing words to share

    ReplyDelete